Over the years I have treated many women with acupuncture. A common thread linking many of these clients is issues surrounding their menstrual cycles, whether or not this is why they have come to me for acupuncture.
What women often mention:
- period pain, backache, feeling bloated or uncomfortable;
- heavy or irregular bleeding, flooding or spotting;
- feeling tired, tearful, irritable or angry;
- issues with fertility, miscarriage;
- problems in pregnancy;
- PCOS, endometriosis;
- perimenopausal and menopausal issues.
When I heard that the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine in Reading (where I did my original acupuncture training) was teaching a Diploma in Gynaecology, Fertility and Obstetrics, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to build on, and consolidate, my knowledge and experience.
We have periods every month for a long part of our lives. If we can improve them and our relationship to them, it can make a big difference to our overall wellbeing. Acupuncture treatment combined with lifestyle changes can be a really great way of achieving this.